1, CONTRACTING PARTIES:
The lessor, Yes Autorent, hereinafter referred to as Yes Autorent Car Rental Services rents its own and their partners’ vehicles or acts as an intermediary between owners and renters with the following terms and conditions. Yes Autorent Car Rental Services is entitled to sell not only their own but also the services purchased by them, in an unchanged form as a mediated service.
The Renter may be either a natural person or a legal entity. However, the rental contract can only be concluded by a responsible natural person.
2, ORDER AND BOOKING:
Final booking takes place when the booking fee is paid. The payment may be settled by bank card, cash or bank transfer.
- In case of booking cancellation, the booking fee paid by the Renter (reduced by an administrative fee of HUF 10,000) is entered to the Renter’s credit on the rental balance kept at Yes Autorent Rental Services and this amount can be used for a year following the date on which the payment is made.
- If the Renter requests a delivery, and they do not appear at the delivery location at the time agreed beforehand, or refuses to take over the vehicle for any reason which cannot be attributed to Yes Autorent Rental Services, Yes Autorent Rental Services will enforce the amount of the delivery fee and the booking fee against the Renter.
- Yes Autorent Car Rental Services accepts commitment with regard to the requested vehicle category at the time of order, but of course, it will do its best to make it possible for the Renter to get the type they wish. If delivering the ordered car is not possible, we provide the Renter with a car of the same category. Provided a car of the same category is not available, the replacement vehicle can only be one of higher category and Yes Autorent Car Rental Services is obliged to deliver this vehicle at the price of the category specified in the booking confirmation.
- The amount of the booking fee depends on the number of days between the time of the booking and the start of the rental.
If this period is longer than 15 days, the booking price is the 30% of the gross rental price, but at least a minimum of HUF 10,000.
If the booking takes place less than 15 days before the start of the rental period, booking is only possible if the complete amount of the rental fee is paid by the client.
In case of an unsuccessful delivery where the client is at fault, the company is entitled to charge a penalty depending on the destination of the delivery. Inside the border of Budapest the penalty is 30.000 Ft + VAT, outside of Budapest, this changes to 30.000 Ft + VAT and 200 Ft / km.
3, DURATION OF THE RENTAL
- The Rental Agreement is for a fixed period of time in every case.
- The minimum basic duration of the rental is 24 hours, that is, one day.
- Early withdrawal:
If the vehicle is returned before the end of the rental period, Yes Autorent Car Rental Services will not refund neither the rental fee, nor any other fee. The settled but not used rental fees will be entered to the Renter’s credit on the rental balance kept at Yes Autorent Rental Services and this amount can be used for a year following the date on which the payment is made.
- Extension of rental period:
Extending the car rental period is only possible if an employee of Yes Autorent Car Rental Services gives their preliminary consent to it. In case of extending the rental period, the rental fee which applies to the extended period is specified based on the fees valid at the beginning of the rental. In case of extensions shorter than one day, the price of the extension is the following:
- If the extension is no longer than 3 hours, no additional fee is charged.
- If the extension is 3-6 hours, the fee of half a day will be charged considering the daily fee specified in the rental contract
- If the extension is longer than 6 hours (but shorter than one day) the fee of a full day will be charged considering the daily fee specified in the rental contract.
- Late returns
If although Yes Autorent Car Rental Services does not give its consent to the extension of the rental period, the Renter returns the vehicle with a delay, Yes Autorent Car Rental Services may be entitled to an excess charge. The rate of the excess charge is HUF 2,000 + VAT per every started hour. The excess charge is to be paid in addition to the rental fee.
4, CONDITIONS OF THE RENTAL
- Identification Documents: Presenting valid and original government issued documents by the Renter constitutes a condition for the car rental (ID card with address card or passport).
- Valid driving licence which was issued at least a year earlier, and is valid until at least the end of the rental period.
- Making of a copy: The Renter allows Yes Autorent Car Rental Services to make a copy of their documents and keep them. Yes Autorent Car Rental Services keeps the data disclosed to them confidential and handles them in compliance with the data protection law.
- If the country which issued the driving licence of the Renter does not feature on the list of Vienna Convention of 1969, or this country is not member of the EU, an international passport is needed for the car rental. Staff of Yes Autorent Car Rental Services provides the Renter with information in connection with the current list.
- Deposit: Yes Autorent Car Rental Services requires a deposit from the Renter in every case, the value of thereof varies according to car types and is specified in accordance with its value.
5, THE MODE OF TAKING OVER AND HANDLING DEPOSIT
- The deposit is primarily put down on a bank card which is preferably embossed, and is valid for at least another six months after the end of the rental period. Without a bank card, the deposit can also be put down in cash.
- HUF 100,000 from the deposit is kept for 30 days after the end of the rental.
If blocking the deposit fails for reasons independent of Yes Autorent Car Rental Services and the necessary amount of cash is not available, Yes Autorent Car Rental Services is entitled to request the Renter to pay the booking and the delivery fee.
- Payment by bank card can only be made by the card owner. That is, we cannot execute a bank card payment with any other person even if they possess an authorization. The owner has to be present and certify the terminal receipt with their signature in every case. The only exception is when the owner provides the details of the card. In this case, the receipt has to be signed by them when the car is delivered.
- In case of payment by card, releasing the deposit takes place by transaction of „sale after pre-authorization”.
- The deposit allows that the charges to be potentially paid subsequently (km fee, extension) in case of deficiencies (refueling, cleaning) or damages can be reimbursed. The Renter (card owner) acknowledges that in case of disputes Yes Autorent Car Rental Services will waver of the deposit only if the legal disputes are settled with legal force and the outcome is enforceable.
- If a sufficient amount of deposit is not available, Yes Autorent Car Rental Services may withdraw from the rental agreement, or may take back the delivered rental car.
- After occurrence of damage, the deposit has to be filled up for further rental.
6, THE RENTAL FEE INCLUDES:
In basic cases, the car rental fee includes the following:
- Liability Car Insurance
- Casco Insurance (excesses varying according to car types)
- Free running of 300 km (if a daily rental fee is applied)
- Monthly rental fee includes free running of 3,500 km
- The price of excess kilometers in the economy category is HUF 29 / km, and HUF 89 / km in case of premium category cars.
- Service, repairs of the car and refilling lubricants
- Provision of season-specific tires
- 24h assistance
- Provision of replacement car if needed.
- Option to add an additional driver
- Unlimited number of border crossings to the countries of the European Union and Croatia.
The rental fee does not include:
- Fuel costs
- Parking and ferry costs
- Motorway fares
- Any other costs which do not form part of the basic service
- The car rental fee is always paid in advance.
- The car rental fee may be paid by cash, bank card or bank transfer.
- If the car rental fee is paid by bank transfer, Yes Autorent Car Rental Services is entitled to refuse to deliver the rental car until the amount has appeared on its account.
- In case of rentals longer than 30 days, the payment of the car rental fee has to be made in advance every month. The payment is considered completed if the payment is made in cash or the bank transfer appears and is identified on the account of Yes Autorent Car Rental Services. If the rental fee is not paid by the Renter within the deadline, Yes Autorent Car Rental Services is entitled to terminate this contract unilaterally with immediate effect and to transport back the rented vehicle. Costs of the recovery of overdue amounts and those of the restitution of the vehicle are charged to the Renter. In case of payment delay, Yes Autorent Car Rental Services is entitled to a late interest in addition to the rental fee the amount of which is the double of the amount of the base rate.
8, PAYMENT BY CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD
- By paying with credit or debit card you can comfortably buy in our shop. After you found the right service you will be redirected to Unicredit Bank's payment site, where you can finish your purchase safely. Our costumers only need to select the option "pay by card" and at the bank's site you have to provice the card's number, expiration date and the CVC/CVV code that you can find on the back of your card. The bank accepts VISA and Mastercard, VISA Electron and Maestro cards. If your card does not have this CVC/CVV code on the back the bank can inform you why is that.
In case of cards exclusively made for electronic transactions we can only accept if the bank that gave the card has also given permission for its use.
- Yes Autorent Car Rental Services is obliged to issue an invoice for each transfer of money in accordance with the laws.
- The invoice includes the value added tax (VAT) in every case.
- Accounting complaints related to invoicing may only be accepted within 8 days following the receipt of the invoice.
- Details for issuing the invoice have to be provided by the Renter before any transfer of money may take place, otherwise the invoice for the booking fee, down payment, and other amounts charged or transferred in advance will be issued to the name of the natural person.
10, REDUCTIONS AND DISCOUNTS
- Reductions and discounts applied by Yes Autorent Car Rental Services remain in force for a definite period of time, or until further notice.
- The reductions are added together only if Yes Autorent Car Rental Services highlights this in the description of the reduction/discount.
- In specific conditions, Yes Autorent Car Rental Services allows its clients to purchase discount coupons. With these vouchers the car rental can be paid during a certain period of time, however, after paying the partial amount with coupons, there is no opportunity to purchase more coupons. Coupons by Third Parties (Voucher): using coupons issued by the cooperation partners of Yes Autorent Car Rental Services is only possible at the partner’s business which is specified on the coupon.
- Discount Cards by Third Parties: Yes Autorent Car Rental Services temporarily accepts several discount cards. When these cards are used, the discounts are not added together.
- Partner Discount Cards: cards entitling its holder to discount car rental issued by Yes Autorent Car Rental Services are available at our cooperation partners (services, restaurants, hotels). The discount only applies for the fee of the car rental. The discount is not applicable for cars of premium category. The client can apply the discount by handing over the single use discount card to Yes Autorent Car Rental Services.
11, DELIVERY AND RETURN OF THE VEHICLES
- The vehicle has to be returned in the condition specified at the delivery.
- The starting odometer reading and the condition of the car are registered in the delivery report when the car is delivered as well as when it is returned.
- If the vehicle is returned in a dirty, untidy condition, Yes Autorent Car Rental Services will charge a car washing fee of HUF 4,000, and an interior cleaning fee of HUF 4,000 to the client. In case of a great amount of dirt, if the removal of the dirt results in excess costs (carpet cleaning, plastic care, polishing), these costs will be charged to the Renter.
Renter acknowledges that smoking is prohibited in the cars provided by Yes Autorent Car Rental Services. If the Renter or their passenger smokes in the vehicle, Yes Autorent Car Rental Services is entitled to charge an extra charge the amount of which depends on the level of the filth, up to an amount of HUF 50,000.
- The vehicle is delivered with a full tank, and it has to be returned with a full tank as well. If the tank is not full, the Renter has to pay a fee of HUF 2,000 besides the fuel costs.
-It is forbidden to use the rented vehicle if the lubricating oils are leaking, or the coolant is freezing or leaking. It is also forbidden to refill any liquid without permission, apart from the windshield cleaner liquid.
- The Renter acknowledges that if they do not return the vehicle by the date and time given, and the lessor or the representative of Yes Autorent Car Rental Services does not give their consent to the extension, Yes Autorent Car Rental Services may bring a charge against the renter and the vehicle may be internationally wanted in case of a delay exceeding 6 hours.
- The Renter acknowledges that in case of a delay, Yes Autorent Car Rental Services may charge a late fee the amount of which is HUF 2,000 + VAT/hour. This late fee is charged in addition to the rental fee. If the return takes place outside of office hours, a late penalty of HUF 5,000 is charged in addition to the late fee.
- In case of rentals exceeding one month, the Renter is obliged to present the vehicle once a month, on a date agreed beforehand, to the person authorized by Yes Autorent Car Rental Services on the site of the Renter.
- The Renter is considered the temporary managing keeper of the vehicle for a definite period of time (from the delivery until the return of the car). If the Renter is a legal entity, at least one natural person has to be specified who takes paying guarantee and liability for the damages suffered by the car and the potential offences happening during the rental period.
- The Renter acknowledges that the car may be driven exclusively by the persons specified in the authorization.
- It is forbidden to misuse the rented vehicle during the rental period, especially for traction, professional transportation of passengers, car races or preparation for those and it is forbidden to let the vehicle on.
- If during the rental period a payment obligation arises related to the vehicle (e.g. parking fine, lack of motorway vignette, hidden damage, other deficiencies) that the lessor does not become aware of when the car is returned, Yes Autorent Car Rental Services is entitled to collect the full amount of the damage or fines within 6 months after the car rental from the bank account of the Renter or from the account of the person taking responsibility with their bank card. The Renter (bank card owner) gives their consent to this by signing the agreement.
- Yes Autorent Car Rental Services is entitled to charge an administration fee of HUF 3,000 + VAT to the Renter in case of each cost which arises subsequently.
- The Renter acknowledges that they take comprehensive financial responsibility for each piece of damage suffered by the car or caused by the car if the insurance company does not pay for a reason attributable to the Renter or it just pays a partial compensation (e.g. driving under the influence of alcohol).
- The Renter obliges themself to pay a contribution in case of damage, which is normally 10% but at least HUF 100,000. The amount of the contribution may differ from this. In these cases Yes Autorent Car Rental Services will notify the client in advance.
- If the damage does not qualify as an insured event from insurance point of view, in particular view of embezzlement, the Renter shall reimburse the damage to Yes Autorent Car Rental Services.
If an accident was caused by another vehicle, and the liability insurance of the other car fully covers the damage, there is no personal contribution to be charged to the client. However, in this case the deposit will only be released when the insurance of the car causing the damage has compensated the amount of the damage.
- In case of damage, the Renter is obliged to provide Yes Autorent Car Rental Services with all the documents which are necessary for the administration.
- The Renter is obliged to keep the vehicle keys and the registration certificate with them at all times during the rental period. In case of theft, if the Renter cannot hand over the keys and the registration certificate to Yes Autorent Car Rental Services, or if during the official investigation it reveals that the ignition keys of the vehicle have been copied and as a result the insurance company does not reimburse the damage, the Renter will be obliged to reimburse the full value of the car.
- Optional full Casco: in case of certain vehicle types, the Renter can compensate the insurance excess by paying a certain amount. In these cases, if BREAK DAMAGE occurs, the Renter shall be exempt from the payment of the insurance excess. In case of theft, total loss as well as tire breakdown and wheel injury the full Casco option is not applicable. Compensation of the insurance excess is applicable only for one piece of damage. In certain cases, Yes Autorent Car Rental Services may refuse to provide the Renter with the option of the full Casco.
- If during the rental period a criminal offence is committed with the vehicle, Yes Autorent Car Rental Services may withhold the amount of the deposit until the end of the procedure and shall charge the costs arisen from the procedure to the Renter, even in addition to the amount of the deposit.
- The Renter is allowed to travel abroad with the car. However, they are allowed to use the vehicle only within the European Union. It is forbidden to drive the rented vehicle to any country outside the coverage of the Casco insurance during the rental period without the permission of Yes Autorent Car Rental Services. In connection with the list of the countries covered by Casco Yes Autorent Car Rental Services gives detailed information upon request. In case of traveling to a country outside the European Union the penalty will be 3.000 EUR.
- Yes Autorent Car Rental Services excludes all responsibility for all damage or consequential damage from which the Renter suffers because of defect or failure of the vehicle. In case of failure, Yes Autorent Car Rental Services will reimburse an accommodation fee for one day (up to an amount of EUR 50), and daily allowance (up to an amount of EUR 25) to cover the direct damage of the Renter.
13, EXCEPTIONAL OCCURRENCES
- If during the rental period any exceptional occurrence takes place (failure, accident), it has to be reported by the Renter to the 24h customer service of Yes Autorent Car Rental Services on the following phone number: +36 20 555 11 55.
- If service, repair or any other cost arises that the Renter wishes to claim toward Yes Autorent Car Rental Services, they are only entitled to compensation, if the staff of Yes Autorent Car Rental Services has given its written consent in advance to this event (e.g. service, car rescue services, parts purchase). Failing this, Yes Autorent Car Rental Services may refuse to pay the potential repair costs or costs related to this event.
- The Renter is obliged to reimburse the loss of Yes Autorent Car Rental Services if the accessories delivered with the vehicle or the documents of the vehicle need to be replaced.
14, LEGAL DISPUTES
In case of legal disputes, the Parties designate the competence of the District Court of the districts II and III.
General Terms and Conditions are in force until further notice.